Saturday, December 12, 2009

Is it catsup or ketchup? All I know is that I am behind on my tomatoes!

Alright, so I got a total of 21 Pomodoro's this week bringing my grand total up to 33.  I should be more like 36, which isn't too far off the pace, but with Christmas (eve and day) and NYE coming up and me going back to TC for a week, I was hoping to be close to 80 by the time I went back.  Unfortunatley that would require me doing like 10 a day.  My new goal is be at 65 when I leave for TC.  It's doable.  It's like 4 a day.  With screenplay reading I should be able to accomplish that, especially if I keep reading the screenplay while I watch it on DVD, which takes longer (I'll only do that once a week).
Speaking of screenplay reading while watching the movie, I did that with The Dark Knight today.  The biggest thing I got out of it was how even though it's one way on the page, it will be different on the screen.  I know that's fairly obvious, but what I mean is that all of the elements were there, but a lot of times, sequences were edited different than they were written and in all of those times what appeared on the screen was better.  Most of the times it involved intercutting between scenes and not playing out one scene and then moving on to the next scene.  Pacing wise it kept the movie moving a lot better.  This is something I need to think about when I'm trying to build tension, but I still need to get a bunch of story out at the same time.  Can I use dialogue from one scene while I'm showing something else.  Stuff like that.

Oh well, here's hoping next week is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment