Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 0 - 30 Scripts in 30 Days

I just spent the last 3 days in downtown LA at Screenwriting Expo 2009, trying to learn about craft and pitching my scripts to agencies. I realized after a few seminars that my neither of the scripts I was pitching were ready. But, I got some good ideas as to where I am going to be taking at least one of them. The big thing that a lot of the seminars emphasized was that I should be reading more scripts. I'm not a huge reader, but I read. Mostly graphic novels, and the Bible, but I haven't been reading a lot of scripts recently. So, I've decided to read 30 scripts in 30 days and then blog about it as I go. My theory being that if I have a deadline and I make it public, it will make me finish. Theoretically, it's not going to be reviews of scripts as much as it's going to be why I picked it and sort of how it fits into to either what I'm working on or how it's going to effect my writing. Wherever possible, I'll put a link to the script so other can read and comment.
Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Even if you don't write a review, keep updating with what you're reading. Are you going for just features or television scripts as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably end up doing TV as well. There are no firm rules at this point. I'm really curious as to what my posts are going to look like at the end of the 30 days as opposed to the beginning.

    ReplyDelete