Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 17 - You don't have Jack!

Big Trouble in Little China II (Unproduced MOW) by Charles Prosser

Wow, that sucked.  I was superexcited to read it too.  I guess this biggest problem here is NO JACK BURTON.  That's right, no Pork Chop Express and no Jack Burton.  I just saw the original last night, and the biggest thing I noticed was how the crowd reacted to Jack Burton.  They loved him.  His character is what makes the movie.  The reason I wanted to read this script was that I wanted to see what happened next with Jack.  I guess the big thing I learned reading this is when you create a character people love, don't do a sequel without him.  This is probably why this was never made.  Egg Shen is not enough to bring me back.
The other good thing about this script is that it explicitly sets out the 7 acts breaks and the hour break, so if I ever want to know how to structure a MOW,  I guess I'll look at this.

Big Trouble in Little China II http://www.mypdfscripts.com/unproduced/big-trouble-in-little-china-2

No comments:

Post a Comment